My equipment is pretty minimal yet it has worked beautifully for me up to this point.
- Canon EOS 30D with
- 25-135mm (1:3,5-5.6 IS) Canon Lens
- Folding rubber lens hood
- Hoya filters: daylight and polarizing
- Hoya close-up kit (+1, +2, +4) screws into lens
- 2 batteries with charger
- Canon Vixia HV40
- Canon wide angle converter lens
- Manual focus ring attachment
- Rhode on-camera VideoMic
- 2 batteries and charger
- Panasonic MiniDV tapes
- Memory card (for stills)
Zoom H1 voice recorder
Audio-tech lav mic (ATR3350)
Manfrotto 190CXPRO3 carbon-fiber tripod with Promaster head
Manuals for cameras. Mine are dog-eared and very well used. I don’t go anywhere without them.
Misc. Memory cards, Logitech headphones (also use for Skype), white balance cards, lens cleaning supplies and microfiber cloths, cables and more cables, bathroom shower caps (fabulous for protecting gear in rain showers), windshield silver or gold reflectors (much cheaper than the photographic varieties and they work just as well).
Donke protective wraps. I don’t have camera cases so I wrap all my cameras and fragile equipment in these great wraps.
- MacBook Pro 15”
- Software includes Final Cut Express editing program and Photoshop amongst others
- 2 Seagate Free agent GoFlex external hard-drive (1 TB and 1.5TB)
I travel with all this equipment in my Outdoors Products Power Pack and then use a smaller pack or large bag when I am in the field for a shoot.